22/05/09 07:46 Filed in: Web
I thought I’d share this snippet with the RapidWeaver community, even though the problem is well known and the solution pretty easy to find online.
Specifically, in testing my logo for the site, a transparent PNG, my testers using IE 6 saw ugliness. A good discussion and link
can be found at 24ways.org as posted by Drew McLellan
05/03/09 14:05 Filed in: Web | Computers | MobileMe
As per usual, published instructions don’t keep up with reality. When trying to redirect a domain name managed under NetFirms.ca I discovered the following hint/fix.
You can follow the directions
on the NetFirms site, but will find that the steps underB. Configure your CNAME via the Netfirms Control Panel:
need to be altered.
- When in the NetFirms Control Panel screen, select “Domain Manager” under the Domains tab.
- Pop open the settings for the desired domain name listed
- Enable the “Domain Forwarding to Specific URL”
- Now, instead of entering just the web.me.com domain as specified in their instructions, be sure to add your me.com user name.
- Enable Masking if so desired.
- Click “Update” to complete the process.
- (everything on the me.com side is as per the NetFirms or me.com instructions).
For TechConficio, the Domain Manager screen looks like the picture below just before I click “Update”.