05/03/09 14:05 Filed in: Web | Computers | MobileMe
As per usual, published instructions don’t keep up with reality. When trying to redirect a domain name managed under NetFirms.ca I discovered the following hint/fix.
You can follow the directions
on the NetFirms site, but will find that the steps underB. Configure your CNAME via the Netfirms Control Panel:
need to be altered.
- When in the NetFirms Control Panel screen, select “Domain Manager” under the Domains tab.
- Pop open the settings for the desired domain name listed
- Enable the “Domain Forwarding to Specific URL”
- Now, instead of entering just the web.me.com domain as specified in their instructions, be sure to add your me.com user name.
- Enable Masking if so desired.
- Click “Update” to complete the process.
- (everything on the me.com side is as per the NetFirms or me.com instructions).
For TechConficio, the Domain Manager screen looks like the picture below just before I click “Update”.